I was determined to make something good out of a bad situation. I write this blog to try and raise awareness of breast cancer in younger women. I also hope that by telling my story other people going through a similar thing will find helpful hints and tips on how to cope with the obstacles fighting the big C can throw at you. These obstacles include everything from hair loss and other fun chemotherapy (toxic nasties) side effects, to keeping a sense of humour when times get tough. I really wanted to show that fighting the big C doesn't have to be all doom and gloom plus I LOVE writing so this blog is fun for me :-).
ACTION PLAN KICK KENNETH'S ASS
6 sessions of chemo- 3x FEC and 3x Taxotere (finished May 2013).
Herceptin treatment every 3 weeks for a year (started March 2013).
Surgery: double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction (18th June 2013).
Tamoxifen tablets for 5 years (started August 2013).
I love all things beauty and so I spend quite a lot of time blogging about the beauty side of my battles with Kenneth. I try to prove you can still be beautiful whilst fighting the big C!
I am addicted to online shopping. It's a serious problem. I can't claim to be one of those uber stylish fashionistas but I like to show pictures of what I've been wearing and how I've been accessorising the whole no (or now very short) hair thing.
Like most human beans I love food. During chemo I developed an unexplainable love of peas (who knows why?) thankfully this has now passed but occasionally I fill you in on what I've been eating. There is some evidence of a link between dairy products and breast cancer so I try to eat a dairy free diet as much as possible. Obviously I make the odd exception for chocolate/ice cream/cake (I'm only human after all).
Sometimes I tell funny stories. Sometimes.
The big C puts me in some pretty random situations and me being me something embarassing/cringe usually happens, so I make sure I let you all know when it does.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I studied Biology at Bristol University and graduated with a 2:1 in 2011.
- I own about 50 nail varnishes.
- When I'm not busy watching Disney films or filling up online shopping baskets, I'm trying very hard to write a book.
- I am a little bit OCD and actually enjoy cleaning *cue sharp intake of breath.
- I spend many a night happily dancing around the living room in my pyjamas.
- In case you haven't already guessed my favourite colour is pink.
- I like making lists.
- I'm on a constant quest for the perfect eyebrow.
- I really like glitter.
- I live in a beautiful part of the country and like to walk around it.
- I love to travel.
- I hate wasps.
- My favourite animal is a duck.
- I wear pink lipstick a lot.
- I love a bit of karaoke.